15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
1 onion, chopped
500 ml (2 cups) finely-chopped mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups cooked Spekko Saman Brown Rice
250 ml (1 cup) macadamia or other nut flour
250 ml (1 cup) cottage cheese
375 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
125 ml (1/2 cup) mixed, chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, oregano, thyme
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 22 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Heat the butter in a large pan and sauté the onion until soft.
3. Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook until the mushrooms are cooked and the mixture starts drying out.
4. In a large bowl, mix the egg, cottage cheese, nut flour, cheese, rice, herbs and mushrooms
5. Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and bake for about an hour or until the loaf is firm.
6. Remove from the oven, leave to cool for 15 minutes and serve with a lush salad.