Chicken Curry with Tomato Coriander Rice
This modern twist of a good ol’ classic Chicken Curry will leave your family and friends in awe! So easy and tasty!
Scroll down for our recipe 🙂
Quick Chicken Curry with Tomato & Coriander Rice
Try this easy and delicious Chicken Curry with Tomato & Coriander Rice for your family this coming Sunday!
4 cloves garlic
1x thumb-size piece fresh ginger
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cloves
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cardamom
2.5 ml (½ tsp) chilli powder
10 ml (2 tsp) ground coriander
2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground turmeric
1 kg skinned, deboned chicken thighs
2 onions, sliced
Handful cashew nuts
1 x 400 ml can coconut cream
For the rice
60 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 cup cooked Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
1 red chilli
1 X 400 g can plum tomatoes
Handful coriander, chopped
1. Make a paste by blitzing together the garlic cloves, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, chilli, coriander and turmeric with a few lugs of olive oil.
2. Mix with the chicken and set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan and saute the onions until translucent.
4. Add the rice, chopped chilli and tomatoes. Cook through, breaking the tomato apart.
5. Mix in the chopped coriander just before serving.
6. To cook the chicken, heat some olive oil. Add the onions and season with a pinch of salt. Fry until caramelised. Add the chicken and seal off.
7. Mix in the cashew nuts and coconut cream. Simmer for 30 minutes until the sauce has developed in flavour and the chicken is cooked through.
8. Serve with your spiced tomato rice and some fresh coriander