Pork, Prawn & Beer Paella
This Mediterranean dish will have your mouth watering in no time. Perfect for big family functions or treat nights.
Scroll down for our recipe 🙂
Pork and Beer Paella
This Pork and Beer Paella would make a great meal for a dinner party. Go on and try it!
160 ml olive oil
800 g smoked pork belly, roughly chopped
2 medium onions, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 red peppers, chopped
1 medium tomato, peeled and diced
1 pinch of saffron
15 ml (1tbsp) sweet smoked paprika
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 cups Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
Salt and pepper
340 ml beer
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken stock
800 g prawns, peeled
250 g green beans, topped, tailed and cut into 3 – 4 cm lengths
1 X 410 g can of cannellini beans, drained
Lemon and parsley for serving
- Heat a large saucepan, add the olive oil to the pan and sauté the pork for about 5 minutes or until brown.
- Add the onion, garlic, red pepper, tomato, saffron, paprika, bay leaves and thyme and the rice, and cook together for 5 minutes.
- Add the beer and chicken stock, season well and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and prawns. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lemon and parsley.