½ onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
150 g baby marrows, grated
3 spring onions, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped flat leaf parsley
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped mint
125 ml (½ cup) crumbled feta
½ cup cooked Spekko India Gate Basmati rice
1 – 2 eggs, beaten
80 ml (1/3 cup) yoghurt
½ tsp ground cumin
- Heat the oil and sauté onions and garlic in a pan until tender but not browned.
- Mix the cooked onions and garlic with the baby marrow, spring onions, parsley, feta, rice and eggs in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add dollops of the mixture to the pan, cooking until it sets and the bottom side is lightly brown. Flip to cook the other side.
- Mix together the yoghurt and cumin.
- Serve warm fritters with the yoghurt sauce.