- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 125 ml (½ cup) salted peanuts, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) cooked Spekko Saman Brown Rice
- 20 ml (4 tsp) dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4-8 strips of bacon
- Lemon slices to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Heat oil in a frying pan, add onions and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add peanuts, Spekko Saman Brown Rice and herbs and mix together. Season to taste.
- Cut horizontal slit in each chicken breast to form a pocket. Spoon stuffing into pocket and season fillets. Wrap the bacon around each chicken breast and secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked but not dry.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and vegetables of your choice or a salad. The chicken in this recipe pic was served with Spekko India Gate Classic Basmati Rice on the side.