15 ml olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
5 ml dried thyme
150 g spinach, roughly chopped
1 cup cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice (or use leftover rice)
100 g sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
150 g mozzarella cheese, grated
Light leafy salad with tomatoes
Roasted cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C and grease a 25 cm loaf tin.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a low heat. Add the onions, garlic and thyme, with a pinch of salt.
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until soft and caramelized. Add the spinach and rice and cook for a further minute or two, until wilted. Remove from the heat. Stir the sundried tomatoes through.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the onion and tomato mixture, the rice and mozzarella and season with an extra pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf tin and press gently to even it out.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes in the tin, then tip out.
- Slice and serve.