1 Cup Spekko Saman White Rice
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
Oil for sautéing
625 ml (2 ½ cups) Chicken stock
125 ml (1/2 cup) Finely chopped biltong
45 ml (3 tbsp) Chopped chives
Salt and freshly milled pepper
100 g Gorgonzola, chopped
2 Eggs, whisked
250 ml (1 cup) Seasoned flour
250 ml (1 cup) Breadcrumbs
Oil for deep frying
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté the rice, onion and garlic together for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and stir to release some of the extra starch in the rice. Cook the rice until done and then switch of the heat and leave it to steam with the lid on, it needs to overcook a little.
- Stir through the biltong and chives and season.
- Roll the rice into golf ball sized balls, then stuff a little piece of gorgonzola into the middle of each ball.
- Crumb the balls by dipping them into flour then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry until golden and serve warm.