40 ml cornflour
200 ml honey
1 thumb-sized piece ginger, crushed
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
100 ml soy sauce
50 ml peanut oil
handful of coriander
6 chopped chicken breasts, sliced into strips
peanut oil to fry
dried chillies to taste
100 ml black beans, finely chopped or 125 ml (½ cup) black bean sauce
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 leeks, thinly sliced
2 red peppers, thinly sliced
30 ml (2 tbsp) sesame seeds, toasted
5 spring onions, thinly sliced
4 x 250 ml (4 cups) cooked Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
- Marinade: Mix all the ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinade chicken for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir-fry: Heat oil in a wok with chillies until fragrant. Spoon out the chillies.
- Fry black beans for a few minutes. Then add onion, leeks and peppers and fry until soft. Spoon out into a bowl. If using black bean sauce, stir-fry vegetables and mix with sauce in the bowl.
- Return wok to the heat with more oil and fry chicken in batches until brown, but not cooked through.
- Add stir-fried ingredients with some of the marinade. Toss through and add sesame seeds and spring onions. Serve with Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice.