oil for sautéing
1 bunch spring onions, roughly chopped
250 ml (1 cup) grated baby marrow
250 ml (1 cup) petit pois, defrosted
1 cup cooked Spekko Saman Brown Rice
1 log goat’s cheese
60 ml (1/4 cup) basil pesto
250 ml (1 cup) cream
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh mint
salt and freshly milled pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Heat the oil and sauté the spring onion for 3 minutes.
3. Add the baby marrow and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Turn the heat off and add the peas and brown rice, season.
5. Divide the rice mixture between 4-6 ramekins.
6. Dollop on basil pesto and a slice of goat’s cheese.
7. Make a custard by mixing the cream, mint and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Share the custard between the ramekins.
9. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until set and golden.