30ml (2tbsp) Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
5ml (1tsp) Crushed garlic
1 Red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
5ml (1tsp) Curry powder
375ml (1 ½ cups) Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
875ml (3 ½ cups) Coconut milk
Salt and black pepper to taste
450g Crab meat
30ml (2tbsp) Chopped chives
30ml (2tbsp) Lime juice
8 Cooked crab claws
1. In a heavy based saucepan, melt butter and oil and sauté onion, garlic and chilies until soft.
2. Add the curry powder cook for 2 minutes stir in Spekko rice, cook until rice becomes opaque.
3. Stir in coconut milk, salt and pepper and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer undisturbed for 15 minutes.
4. Add crab, chives and lime juice, stir gently and simmer covered for 5 minutes longer until all liquid has been absorbed and the crab heated through.
5. Check seasoning, fluff up with a fork, garnish with the crab claws and serve immediately.
From the Spekko kitchen
• If using canned crab meat, drain and remove all the cartilage.
• Large prawns can be used instead of the crab.