500 g carrots
35 ml olive oil
2.5 ml cumin powder
2 onions, diced
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
60 ml flour
1 cup cooked Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice (or use leftover rice)
15 g parsley, finely chopped
85 g mature cheddar, grated
50 ml canola oil
100 ml cottage cheese
30 ml chopped parsley
50 g asparagus, grilled
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C.
- Peel and chop the carrots into rough chunks and place them on a roasting tray. Drizzle over 20 ml olive of the oil and the cumin, and season with salt and pepper. Toss and place in the oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes, or until soft. Once cooked, remove from the oven and mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Heat the remaining 15 ml olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the onions are almost done, add the garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Once everything has finished cooking, combine the mashed carrots with the rice, cooked onions, 30 ml flour, parsley and grated cheddar. Mix well and season to taste.
- Shape the mixture into patty-like shapes and coat with the remaining flour, dusting off the excess.
- Heat the canola oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook the patties in batches until golden brown on both sides.
- Place the patties on a baking tray and cook for a further 5 minutes in the 190 °C heated oven.
- Serve with cottage cheese, chopped parsley and grilled asparagus.