Rice Pizza Crust
1 cup Spekko Long Grain Parboiled white Rice
2 ½ cups water
¼ cup yoghurt
½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
3 egg yolks
Salt to taste
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
½ cup ham
¾ cup mushrooms, sliced
½ red onion, sliced
½ cup sliced green pepper
¾ cup mozzarella, grated
Mayonnaise to taste
Fresh parsley to garnish
Specialized equipment: Round cake tin
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions and add salt to taste.
- Mix the yogurt and egg yolks together. Add them to the rice & mix.
- Once combined, add the grated mozzarella and stir to mix.
- Dust a round spring cake tin with baking paper.
- Spoon the rice mixture onto a greased baking tin and use a spatula to press to the edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C until crisp and slightly browned.
- Spread the tomato paste over the top of the pizza, followed by the shredded rotisserie chicken, ham, mushrooms, red onion and green pepper. Drizzle generously with mayonnaise and top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake for a further 10 minutes until golden & crispy.
Remove from the oven, sprinkle with fresh parsley, slice & serve. ENJOY!