½ small onion, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
85 ml (1/4 cup) mixed finely chopped peppers
1 cup cooked Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
1 egg, beaten
85 ml (1/4 cup) grated cheddar cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Oil for frying
1. In a bowl, mix the onions, garlic and peppers.
2. Add the rice and egg and mix through.
3. Finally add the cheese and season to taste.
5. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the cakes in batches until brown and cooked through.
6. Serve with a braai, roast dinner or as part of a vegetarian meal.