For the rice
1 cup Spekko Saman White Rice
10 ml (2 tsps) ginger, finely chopped
¼ tsp lemon grass, crushed to a paste
1 ¼ cups water
½ tsp sugar
salt to taste
5 ml (1 tsp) rice vinegar
1/2 can condensed milk
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
45 ml (3 tbsp) sugar
1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
1 cup cooked Spekko Saman White Rice – half of the rice from the lemon grass mixture
chopped pistachio nuts – optional
1. First cook the rice. Combine the rice, ginger, lemon grass, water, sugar and salt. Boil, reduce heat and simmer until the water is evaporated.
2. Add the rice vinegar and set aside to cool.
3. In a pot, heat the condensed milk, butter, sugar and ginger. Cook until the mixture caramelises
4. Add 1 cup of the cooked rice and cook another 5 minutes while stirring. Take of the heat and stir until thickened.
5. Leave to cool. Roll the mixture into truffles. Coat in chopped pistachio nuts.