200 g feta cheese
30 ml (2 tbsp) crushed garlic
30 ml (2 tbsp) Italian mixed herbs
½ tsp red chilli flakes
6 Chicken fillets
salt and ground black pepper to season
Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice to serve
For the sundried tomato salsa
100 g sundried tomatoes
2 Large round tomatoes, seeds removed then diced
125 ml (½ cup) black olives, pitted
45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh basil
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
½ tsp white sugar
1. Mix together the feta, crushed garlic, mixed herbs and chilli flakes.
2. Cut a slit into the side of the fillet and season fillet with salt and pepper.
3. Fill the “pocket” with the feta mixture and close securely with a wooden toothpick.
4. Drizzle with olive oil, wrap in cling wrap and allow to chill for 6-8 hours.
5. Make the salsa as follows: Mix together all the ingredients in a ceramic bowl. Cover with cling
wrap and place in fridge and allow to chill.
6. Before serving, heat the oven to 180 º C.
7. Heat olive oil in a pan and brown the fillets on each side over medium heat.
8. Remove and place on a baking tray, pour over a little olive oil, then cook in for 8-9 minutes.
9. Serve with sundried tomato salsa and Spekko Rice.