60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil
2 chicken breast fillets, sliced thinly
6 spring onions, chopped
1 celery stalk, sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
1 chilli, sliced
2 carrots, cut in thin strips
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
5 ml (1 tsp) palm sugar or soft brown sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp) fish sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
750 ml (3 cups) cooked
Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
200 g par-cooked prawn meat or tails
3 eggs, beaten
fresh coriander to garnish
1. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and stir-fry chicken for 3 minutes or until golden brown, but not cooked. Spoon out.
2. Heat a little bit of the oil in the same pan and fry the spring onions, celery, red pepper, chilli, carrots and garlic in batches for 5 minutes or until cooked, but still crunchy.
3. Return all vegetables to the pan, add sugar and mix well. Stir in fish sauce, soy sauce and Spekko Rice. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken and prawn meat.
4. Heat remaining oil in a small frying pan and make an omelette with eggs. When cooked,remove and slice into strips. Toss through the rice.
5. Season to taste with more soy sauce if needed. Garnish with fresh coriander