2-3 firm ripe bananas
250 ml (1 cup) cooked Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
100 g good quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
125 ml (½ cup) cream
2,5 ml (½ tsp) ground cinnamon
pinch of ground nutmeg
grated rind of 1 orange
6 spring roll wrappers
1 egg, lightly beaten
oil to deep-fry
honey to garnish
icing sugar to garnish
- With the tip of your finger, split the bananas from one end into thirds lengthways (it will split naturally). Slice each third in half.
- MixSpekkoBasmati Rice, chocolate, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange rind in a bowl.
- Place spring roll wrappers on a flat surface with the points facing towards you.
- Divide rice mixture into 6 and place a portion of rice onto each spring roll wrapper a quarter of the way down. Top with 2 pieces of banana, roll tightly, tucking in the sides as you roll. Seal at the end corner with a brush of egg. Repeat until you have 6 spring rolls.
- Heat oil and fry spring rolls until crisp and golden. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Serve drizzled with lots of honey and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.