30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 green pepper, chopped
200 g chorizo or any good quality sausage, sliced
5 ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
3 ml (1/2 tsp) dried chilli flakes
1 cup cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
375 ml (1 ½ cup) chicken stock
1 glass white wine
a handful each of fresh basil and parsley
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
2. Sauté the onion, garlic and green pepper for 3 minutes.
3. Add the chorizo and heat through.
4. Add the smoked paprika, chilli flakes and rice and cook for 5 minutes until the rice starts popping.
5. Top up with stock and wine, add chopped parsley and basil and season well.
6. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
7. Serve topped with extra fresh parsley and basil.