750 ml (3 cups) full cream milk
190 ml water
250 ml (1 cup) orange pieces boiled and juice drained
1 cup cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
1 cinnamon stick
2,5 ml salt
75 ml (5 tbsp) sugar
75 ml (5 tbsp) golden raisins
10 ml (2 tsp) grated orange zest
4 ml vanilla extract
2 ml ground cinnamon
4 blocks white chocolate
75 ml (5 tbsp) caramelised cashew nuts
1. Combine 500 ml of the milk, the water, rice, cinnamon stick, and salt in a medium saucepan. 2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the liquid is almost absorbed, about 30 minutes.
2. Stir in the remaining 250 ml milk, the sugar, drained orange juice, raisins, orange zest, and vanilla. Return the mixture to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and the mixture is very creamy, about 25 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat; discard the cinnamon stick.
4. Add the crumbled chocolate and stir through.
5. Liquidise the strawberries. Strain and mix through the castor sugar.
6. To assemble the dessert: Use 6 serving dishes. Plate the rice with a thin layer of caramelised nuts in the middle. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and decorate with strawberry coulis.