30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
600 g hake fillets, skinned – can use frozen
30 m (2 tbsp) oil
5 ml (1 tsp) minced garlic
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 punnet button mushrooms, halved and sliced
½ packet mushroom soup
500 ml (2 cups) warm milk
250 ml (1 cup) cream
Bunch of Italian parsley
15 m (1 tbsp) lemon juice
Salt and pepper
250 ml (1 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
4 cups cooked Spekko Saman Brown Rice
- Heat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron pot. Add the onion, sauté until soft. Add the garlic, green pepper, button mushrooms and hake fillets. Leave to cook on a low heat.
- Mix the soup powder with the warm milk and add to the fish. Stir until all the lumps are dissolved. Pour in the cream, add half the parsley and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Season.
- Cover with grated mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with the brown rice.
- This fish dish is easy to cook and can be multiplied successfully.
- Keep warm on the buffet while people help themselves.
- Always buy fish from the most reputable supplier and remember to keep frozen until just before using.
Spekko tips for caterers