30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped spring onions
250 ml (1 cup) chopped kale, rinsed
splash of oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
250 ml (1 cup) mushrooms sliced
1/4 tsp crushed garlic
15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh thyme leaves
salt and milled pepper
1 cup cooked Spekko Saman Brown Rice
30 – 45 ml (2 – 3 tbsp) hummus
handful of fresh basil
- Mix together the eggs, spring onions and chopped kale. Season.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick pan.
- Pour half the egg mixture into the pan and swirl to cover. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes until it sets, and then carefully turn it over and briefly cook the other. Repeat.
- Sauté the mushrooms in butter and add garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the mushrooms are tender, turn off the heat and add the cooked rice. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Fill the egg and kale wraps with the rice mixture, add a dollop of hummus and a few basil leaves and serve.