- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 125 ml (½ cup) baby marrows, finely grated
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
- 125 ml (½ cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 g ham, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 ml (½ cup) full cream milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- smooth cream cheese to serve
- Mix carrots, baby marrow, coriander, Spekko Rice, cheese and ham together in a bowl.
- Add flour, egg, milk and seasonings and mix to form soft dough. Refrigerate for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat butter and oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan and fry on both sides for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon out and keep warm, while frying the remaining batter.
- Serve with smooth cream cheese.