125 ml (1/ cup) full fat cottage cheese
10 ml (2 tsp) snipped garlic chives
1,6 kg free range chicken
salt and crushed black pepper
1 bunch mixed fresh herbs
1 lemon, sliced
1 cup Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
1 red peppers, finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
200 gm pine kernels, dry roasted in a pan
2,5 ml cumin
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Mix the chives and the cottage cheese.
3. Loosen the skin under the chicken breast and stuff with the cheese mixture.
4. Stuff the fresh herbs and lemon sliced in the cavity.
5. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
6. Set in a roasting tray and cover with foil. Roast for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and roast for a further 1 hour until cooked. Set aside to rest.
8. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the pack. Mix the cooked rice with the peppers, celery, pine kernels, cumin and chopped parsley.
9. Serve the chicken with the confetti rice.