5 ml (1 tsp) mixed herbs
5 ml (1 tsp) Cajun spice
500 ml (2 cup) Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
2 onions, finely chopped
2,5 ml ( 1/2 tsp) mustard seeds
2, 5 ml ( 1/2 tsp) coriander seeds2, 5 ml ( 1/2 tsp) fennel seeds
5 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cm fresh ginger, grated
1 red pepper, chopped
2 red chillies, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) curry powder
2 handfuls spinach, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
500 g lightly smoked snoek, deboned and broken into pieces
2 handfuls fresh coriander, chopped
1. Boil the eggs for 7 – 8 minutes, then hold under cold running water. Remove the shell and roll in mixed herbs and Cajun spice. Set aside.
2. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the pack. Set aside to cool.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the onion, seeds, garlic, ginger and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until soft, then add the chilli and curry powder.
4. Cook for a further few minutes, add spinach and then season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the fish and rice to the pan and gently heat through. Add the eggs, coriander and stir gently.
6. To serve, place in a serving platter or dish and garnished with coriander.