45 ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
45 ml (3 tbsp) sake
30 ml (2 tbsp) mirin
1 thumb size piece ginger root
875 ml (3 1/2 cups) dashi (Japanese stock)
2 cups Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
12 – 18 fresh oysters, shucked
4 leeks, shredded mushrooms, sliced thinly
Zest of 1 lime
Spring onion and parsley for serving
- Heat the soy sauce, sake, mirin, ginger and dashi.
- Poach the oysters in the broth for about 5 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Measure the poaching liquid, add water to bring the total to 1 liter.
- Add the rice to the poaching liquid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the leeks, mushrooms and oysters and cover. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the parsley and lime zest and serve.