300g thick bacon, cubed
1 large onion,peeled and diced
3 cloves gralic, crushed
1 red pepper chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1/2 tsp ground ginger
5ml (1 tsp) cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 larger tomatoes (ripe) grated
30ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
10ml (2 tsp) fresh thyme leaves
2 cups Spekko long grain parboiled rice
5 cups chicken stock
2 cups shredded cabbage
- Heat oil in a sausepan, season chicken and beef. Then first fry the chicken in batches to get a little colour on it.
- Do the same with the beef and set aside.
- Fry bacon and onion, stir so that the mixture doesn’t stick for 3 minutes
- Stir in the garlic, green and red peppers, ginger, cayenne and white pepper to cook stirring for about 5 mintues
- Add the chicken and beef to the saucepan, stir in the tomato, tomato puree, thyme, rice and stock. Simmer until the rice is almost tender.Add more seasoning and liquid as needed. the rice must be very saucy.
- finally add the chopped cabbage and cook further until cabbage is tender. Serve immediately.