30 ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
500 g chicken mince
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
15 ml (1 tbsp) sauce
25 ml (5 tsp) light soy sauce
25 ml (5 tsp) Thai seasoning sauce (see below)
6 spring onions, finely sliced
2 chillies, finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) finely chopped lemongrass
250 ml (1 cup) cooked Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
60 ml (4 tbsp) chopped mint
60 ml (4 tbsp) chopped coriander
50 ml lemon juice
12-15 rice paper wraps
- Heat oil in a wok and fry mince until cooked and slightly browned.
- Add garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, seasoning sauce, spring onions, chillies and lemongrass and fry for a few minutes.
- Stir in Spekko Jasmine Rice, herbs and lemon juice and mix gently.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Place a rice paper wrap in the warm water and allow to soften. Place a dish towel on a chopping board. Gently remove the wrap and place on the dish towel. Dab off excess moisture.
- Divide filling into 12-15 portions and place a portion on the wrap. Fold bottom edge over filling, fold sides towards the middle and roll up. Repeat until all the wraps are filled.
- Thai seasoning sauce is similar to soy sauce, with a slightly sweeter flavour. It is available from Asian stores and large supermarkets, alternatively substitute with oyster sauce.
- Rice paper wraps are available from Asian grocery stores.
From the Spekko kitchen