250 ml (1 cup) Cake flour
250 ml (1 cup) Whole wheat flour
60 m (4 tbsp) Brown sugar
60 ml (4 tbsp) Raisins or sultanas
10 ml (2 tsp) Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
250 ml (1 cup) Cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
375 ml (1 ½ cups) Milk
125 ml (½ cup) Melted butter
1 Mashed banana or grated apple
1. Heat oven to 200 ºC.
2. Grease a 12 unit muffin tin.
3. Mix cake and whole wheat flours, brown sugar, raisins or sultanas, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
4. Add the cold cooked Spekko Rice.
5. Beat eggs and milk, add melted butter, and add to flour, fruit and rice mix. Lightly mix.
6. Add fresh fruit.
7. Divide the muffin batter between the muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.