- 4 cabbage leaves, blanched
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh ginger, finely grated
- 250 g beef mince
- 125 ml (½ cup) canned tomatoes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) cooked Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
- 2 rounds feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease baking dish.
- In a frying pan, melt butter and add onion and ginger. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mince and fry for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes and sugar and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in Spekko Basmati Rice.
- Divide mixture between cabbage leaves, fold into a parcel and place in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with feta and bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top. Serve immediately.