For the salmon
1 X 350g Steak Norwegian salmon
Salt and pepper
1 Tray asparagus
For the béarnaise sauce
1 Small onion with skin on quartered
1 Bay leaf
8 Black peppercorns
100ml Tarragon or white wine vinegar
3 Extra-large egg yolks
150g Butter, cut into small cubes
10ml (2 tsp) Chopped fresh tarragon
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Cooked Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
1. Make the sauce by mixing the onion, bay leaf, peppercorns and vinegar in saucepan. Bring to the boil and reduce to half the volume. Strain and reserve liquid.
2. Place egg yolks in a glass bowl set over simmering water, whisk in the vinegar.
3. Add the butter a little at a time until all the butter is absorbed into the sauce.
4. Add the chopped tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
5. Mix the rice and spring onion.
6. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat a pan and fry the salmon, skin down, until crisp – about 2 minutes. Turn and fry another 2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
7. Season the asparagus with salt and pepper and fry on a grilling pan until charred.
8. Plate the rice, top with asparagus and salmon and serve with béarnaise sauce.