375 ml (1 ½ cups) Spekko Saman White Rice
2 L (4 cups) water
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
zest of 1 orange
½ tsp salt
1 packet instant pudding mixture (vanilla flavored)
375 ml (1 ½ cups) full cream milk
250 ml (1 cup) smooth cottage cheese
30 ml (2 tbsp) orange juice
5 ml (1 tbsp) vanilla essence
15 ml (1 tbsp), castor sugar
2 punnets fresh strawberries, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
1. Heat the rice, water, butter, orange zest and salt in a pan and bring to boil. Lower the heat and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed and rice is cooked.
2. Allow to cool.
3. Mix together the pudding mixture and milk. Add cottage cheese, orange juice and cooked rice.
4. Blend the strawberries with the castor sugar and balsamic vinegar
5. Starting with rice pudding mixture and ending with strawberry puree, spoon alternate layers of rice and strawberry mixture into tall glasses.
6. Garnish final layer with fresh mint leaves and strawberry slices.