200g Paneer, cubed
Flour to coat
5ml (1 tsp) Mustard seeds
5ml (1 tsp) Whole jeera (cumin)
1 ½ Onions, finely sliced
1 Chilli, chopped
3 Curry leaves
5ml (1 tsp) Ground coriander
½ tsp Garam masala
½ tsp Ground ginger
½ tsp Ground garlic
30ml (2 tbsp) Chopped fresh coriander
20ml (4 tsp) Almond and cashew nut paste
1/2 tsp Salt
300ml Fresh cream
2 cups Cooked Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
1. Lightly coat the paneer in flour and fry in a non-stick pan until just crispy. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil and pop the mustard seeds.
3. Add the cumin seeds, onions, green chilli, curry leaves and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the ground coriander, masala, ginger and garlic. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the chopped fresh coriander and almond paste. Simmer.
6. Add 100ml of the cream. Blend to a saucy consistency using a stick blender.
7. Add remainder of cream. Simmer then add the paneer.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve Basmati rice and toasted almonds.