For the pickled radish
100 ml rice vinegar
For the rice
¼ cup rice vinegar
4 tsp sugar
2 cups Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
50 ml mixed sesame seeds, toasted
- First make the pickled radish: Thinly slice the radishes, about 1 mm thick.
- Drop the sliced radish in the rice vinegar and cool in the fridge for minimum of 1 hour.
- To make the rice, heat the rice vinegar and sugar together in a pot until dissolved. Put aside to cool.
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Once cooked, spread over a baking tray and drizzle with the rice vinegar. Gently mix together. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Once the rice has cooled mix it with the sesame seeds.
- Cut the nori sheets into 2 x 5 cm rectangles.
- Shape the rice into even triangles, 3 cm each length, and 1.5 cm thick.
- Stick the nori around the triangle, using a touch of water to stick it.
- Top with pickled radish.
- Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.