40 ml butter
20 ml (4 tsp) olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
200 g carnaroli or Arborio rice (or use 200 g Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice)
1, liters good quality fish stock, hot
500 g prawns, cleaned and shelled
2 fresh green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
250 ml (1 cup) fresh cream
flat-leafed parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
2. Add the rice and stir to combine with the onion and garlic mixture.
3. Slowly add the fish stock, one ladleful at a time, making sure the liquid has been absorbed before adding the next ladleful. Stir until all the stock has been used and the rice is al dente.
4. Add the prawns and chillies, stir through the risotto, and cook until the prawns are heated through and coked – 10 – 15 minutes. Season.
5. Add the cream and heat through. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.