80g Unsalted butter
1 Large onion, thinly sliced
1 Green pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 Sticks celery, thinly sliced
1 Garlic clove, crushed
1 Bay leaf
30ml (2 tbsp) Paprika
1 X 410g can Tomatoes, peeled, chopped
1 X 115g cup Tomato paste
20ml (4tsp) Worcestershire sauce
4 – 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
Salt to taste
30ml (2 tbsp) Cornflour
1.5kg Raw prawns, peeled and deveined
500ml (2 cups) Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
45ml (3 tbsp) Fresh chopped parsley
zest of 1 lemon
1. Melt 30g butter in a wide pan and sauté the onion, green pepper, celery, garlic and bay leaf for 2 minutes.
2. Add paprika, tomatoes and tomato paste, stir in Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered until vegetables are soft and sauce slightly reduced. Season with salt.
4. Mix the corn flour with a little cold water, pour into the tomato sauce, stir sauce continuously for about 5 minutes.
5. In a separate pan sauté prawns in remaining butter for 3-4 minutes or until pink and tender.
6. Add prawns to the tomato sauce and stir to heat through. Check seasoning.
7. Cook Spekko Basmati rice according to instructions on packet.
8. Serve Prawn Creole over warm fluffy Spekko Basmati rice garnished with fresh parsley and lemon zest