50 g Spekko India Gate Basmati Rice
1 potato, grated
¼ cup cake flour
10 g parsley, chopped
30 ml canola oil
4 poached eggs
Roasted vine tomatoes
Handful of fresh baby spinach
12 fresh basil leaves
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Rinse the potato under running water until the water runs clear. Then squeeze out the water, making sure the grated potato is as dry as possible.
- Mix the cooked rice, potato, flour, egg, parsley and a pinch salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Place a spoonful of the mixture into the pan, pressing it gently with a spatula. Allow it to cook gently, flipping, making sure its golden on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve the hash browns warm with a hot poached egg on top. Place the roasted vine tomatoes and fresh spinach on the side. Finish with the sour cream, fresh basil leaves and chopped parsley.