8 chicken breasts
50 g butter
1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
1 red pepper, very finely chopped
250 ml (1 cup) cooked Spekko Saman Brown Rice
100 g unsalted raw cashew nuts, toasted and very finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
salt and white pepper to taste
30 g butter
2 onions, sliced
1 potato, peeled and diced
2 Golden delicious apples, peeled cored and diced
2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
20 ml (4 tsp) tomato puree
60 ml (4 tbsp) Thai curry paste
500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
65 ml (¼ cup) coconut cream
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- First make the stuffing: heat butter and sauté spring onions and red pepper until soft. Add the Spekko Saman Brown Rice and nuts and season to taste. Add eggs to bind.
- Beat the chicken breasts between 2 plastic sheets as flat as possible without breaking them.
- Place breasts in a double row on a long sheet of cling film and spread the filling evenly over breasts.
- Using cling wrap, roll up into a log, put roll on a double layer of foil, remove cling wrap. Roll up tightly with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- To make curry sauce: melt butter in a saucepan and sauté onions until soft. Add potato and apples, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add curry paste, tomatoes and tomato puree, cook for 5 minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil then simmer gently for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add coconut cream heat through for a further 10 minutes. Once cooked press sauce through a strainer.
- To serve; slice roulade, place on a warm serving plate and spoon curry sauce around the chicken. Serve with vegetables in season.
- Serve this dish warm.
- The dish can be doubled.
From the Spekko kitchen