1 onion, finely chopped
500 g pork sausages, meat removed from skins
2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh oreganum
2 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1½ tsp sweet paprika
1½ tsp cumin
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 cup Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
600 ml hot chicken stock
50 ml dry white sherry or dry white wine
100 g flat beans, trimmed and cut into 2 cm lengths
100 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
To garnish & serve
- Mix half the chopped onions, the pork mince, oreganum, parsley, half the garlic and half each of the paprika, cumin and the dried chillies. Roll the mixture into balls.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, about 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add to the pan the remaining onion, with the tomatoes, remaining garlic and remaining paprika, cumin and chilli flakes and sauté until tender, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add rice, stir to toast for 1 minute, then add the stock and wine. Cover, then cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and sun-dried tomatoes. Cover and simmer until the stock is absorbed and beans are tender – about 2 – 3 minutes. Serve hot, scattered with the fresh herbs.