For the fritters
1 1/2 cups cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 green chili, finely chopped
10 g fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
112,5 g Spanish chorizo sausages, finely chopped
1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
2 tbsp cornstarch
salt & pepper to taste
vegetable oil to deep-fry
For the lemon aioli
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 garlic clove, crushed
To garnish and serve
fresh lemon slices
sliced green chillies
- First make the fritters: In a large bowl mix the cooked rice, chopped garlic, chopped chilli, rosemary leaves, chorizo sausage, grated Pecorino cheese, the cornstarch and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash together with a potato masher.
- Roll the mixture into 15 oval shape balls to make the fritters.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or a deep pot to reach a temperature of 140 – 150 °C.
- Fry the fritters I batches, remove and set aside on paper towels to absorb the oil.
- To make the lemon aioli, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic.
- Serve the fritters immediately after frying with the aioli, lemon slices and the chillies on the side.