90 ml (6 tbsp) cake flour
45 ml (3 tbsp) sugar
10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
2,5 ml (½ tsp) salt
Large pinch of freshly grated or ground nutmeg
500 ml (2 cups) cooked Spekko Saman White Rice
2 Eggs, beaten until frothy
5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract or essence
oil to deep-fry
icing sugar to dust
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
2. In a larger bowl, mix together hot Spekko White Rice, eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to rice mixture and stir to blend.
3. In a deep frying pan heat about 5 cm of oil. The oil is ready when a cube of bread turns golden brown in 1 minute.
4. Drop tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan. Turn fritters until golden brown on both sides.
5. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve hot.