60 ml (4 tbsp) teriyaki sauce
5 ml (1 tsp) crushed garlic
½ tsp crushed ginger
60 m (4 tbsp) honey
Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
2 Cups cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice to serve
1. Cut the chicken breasts in 1cm wide strips.
2. Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, give it a whisk and add the chicken. Mix the chicken around a bit to cover each piece in the marinade. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for a few hours, overnight if you can.
3. Thread the chicken onto skewers and cook in a hot grill pan for about 2 minutes on each side. These skewers can also be cooked on the braai.
4. Simmer remaining marinade and reduce until thickened
5. Pour the reduced marinade over the cooked chicken before serving. Serve with leafy green salad and Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice.