60 ml (¼ cup) coriander leaves and roots
1 spring onion, chopped
water to make a paste
1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
4 lime leaves
20 ml (4 tsp) green curry paste
10 ml (2 tsp) sugar
12 king prawns, shelled and deveined
salt to taste
basil leaves to garnish
375 ml (1½ cups) cooked Spekko Royal Umbrella Jasmine Rice
- Coriander paste: Blend coriander leaves, roots, spring onion and just enough water with a stick blender to form a smooth paste.
- Curry: Pour coconut milk into a saucepan. Add lime leaves and simmer gently until the coconut milk is fragrant. Stir in green curry paste, sugar and salt. Simmer until the paste dissolves. Add fresh coriander paste and simmer gently. Add prawns and once the tails begin to curl slightly, remove from heat.
- Garnish with basil and serve withSpekkoJasmine Rice.
- Quick Thai green chicken curry:Prepare coconut sauce as above, but omit coriander paste. Stir in 500 g chicken fillets, thinly sliced and simmer until just cooked. Continue with recipe and serve on Spekko Jasmine or Spekko India Gate Classic Basmati Rice.
- Green curry paste is available from large supermarkets and Asian stores.
From the Spekko kitchen