125 ml (1/2 cup) peanut butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato paste
65 ml (¼ cup) water
30 Ml (2 tbsp) oil
1 chicken, cut into portions
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
30 ml (2 tbsp) grated ginger
3 chillies, chopped
3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
2 chicken stock cubes, dissolved in
500 Ml (2 cups) hot water
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
1. Mix peanut butter with tomato paste and water. Cook mixture until oil appears on top, set aside.
2. Heat oil and brown chicken pieces. Add onion, garlic, ginger, chillies and tomatoes.
3. Sauté together for 10 minutes. Add peanut sauce and stock to the chicken, season to taste. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
4. In the meantime cook the rice according to the instructions on the Spekko pack. 2 Cups will give you about 8 cups of cooked rice.
5. Serve the chicken on the rice.