875 ml (3 1/2 cups) milk
875 ml (3 1/2 cups) cream
1 vanilla pod
125 ml (½ cup) sugar
60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
2 Cups Spekko Long Grain Parboiled rice
240 g (3 slabs) white chocolate, chopped
For the berry compote
400 g frozen berries
60 ml (1/4 cup) brown sugar
Juice of a lemon
60 ml (¼ cup) port
5 ml (1 tsp) nutmeg
1. Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan along with the sugar and vanilla pod. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low to keep the milk warm.
2. In another saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the rice, stirring to mix.
3. When the rice is hot and starting to toast, stirring continuously and start adding the hot milk, half a cup at a time, allowing the milk to be absorbed by the rice before the next addition.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes until the rice is creamy, but still al dente.
5. Remove risotto from heat and stir in the remaining butter, a pinch of salt and the white chocolate.
6. To prepare the berry compote, combine all the ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Serve risotto rice topped with the berry compote.