1 1/2 cups Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
4 pieces of smoked mackerel
300g tender stem broccoli
100g cashews (roughly chopped)
100g dried cranberries
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
- Cook Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice according to instructions on the packet
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes and refresh in ice water
- Removed the skin and pith from the oranges with a knife and cut into disks. (leave some orange spare for 1 tbsp of juice for the dressing)
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a jar and shaking well.
- In a bowl mix the rice, broccoli, rocket and toss in the dressing. Place the mixture on a serving platter, topped with the mackerel, orange disks, cashews, pistachios, cranberries and mint.